Maintenance and cleaning
How to maintain the lid of my Cook4me touch?
Before reassembly, move the valve to ensure that it is working correctly, and check that the vent below the ball is not obstructed.
How to clean the Cook4me touch?
Once you have finished cooking your dish, unplug the appliance for cleaning. Clean the appliance after each use.
You can clean the cooking bowl and steam basket with hot soapy water or in the dishwasher. Clean the body of the appliance with a damp cloth.
After several times in the dishwasher, the outside of the cooking bowl may become whitish. You can clean it with the scraper on your sponge.
After each use, remove the condensation collector and clean it thoroughly with clean water or in the dishwasher. Take care to dry it well. Then put it back in its original position.
To clean the metal lid by hand or in the dishwasher, you must remove it and the valve cover:
- Unscrew the nut in the center of the metal lid.
- Remove the metal lid.
- Remove the valve cover.
Before reassembling the ball, check that the duct is not obstructed by blowing into it.
Press on the inner part of the spring loaded safety valve to check that it is not clogged.
Clean the gasket with a damp sponge and rinse thoroughly. Do not use sharp objects. Replace the gasket at least every 3 years. This should be done at an Authorised Service Centre.
Before reassembling the inner lid, clean the upper part of the cooking bowl with a damp cloth. Clean the inside of the metal lid of the appliance with a damp sponge and check the locking rod housing (float valve) to ensure that it is not blocked. Rinse under water and check that the locking rod can move freely.
The locking rod can be disassembled for cleaning by removing the small silicone gasket and turning the metal cover over to remove it.
I cannot remove the metal lid
Part of the lid may not be positioned correctly. Apply pressure to the probe in the centre of the central nut to release the lid. Ensure that the black ball cap is in the correct locked position.
How do I manage the brightness of my screen?
- When you are on the home screen, slide the menu to the right and select settings.
- In "My device" you can choose three brightness levels.
What do I do if the screen freezes?
If the screen remains frozen and the buttons are inactive, please turn off, unplug and reconnect your product.
My product won't come out of standby.
If your product does not get out of standby despite pressing the white spot underneath the screen:
- Check that your product is properly plugged in and that the mains plug is powered.
- If the product is well powered, remove the plug from the socket for 15 to 20 seconds and then reconnect it.
If the problem persists, take your product to an authorized service centre.
Impossible to close the lid.
- Check that the opening handle is in the open position before moving the lid to the closed position (green lock).
- Check that the nut of the metal lid is quite tight.
- Check that the black ball cap (located on the top of the metal lid) is in the correct locked position (closed lock).
- If you are at the end of cooking and you want to close the lid, wait until the dissipation of the steams before closing the lid.
- Check for foreign bodies between the bowl and the heating plate. Remove the bowl and check that the heating plate, the central element and the underside of the bowl are clean. Also check that the central element can move freely.
- The bowl may be deformed (after an impact, fall...). The bowl must be changed at an authorised service centre.
The product does not open.
- Check that you are not cooking.
- Unplug the product and wait until it cools completely.
- Once the product is completely cool (total absence of internal pressure), insert a rod into the hole located between the opening handle and the silent valve.
An odour appears after the first cooking.
This is normal, the odour will disappear completely after a few uses.
Be sure to thoroughly clean the items listed in the instructions: cooking vessel, metal lid, before re-using your appliance.
I was making a compote recipe, and juice came out through the silent valve.
You must follow the recommended maximum quantities.
Do not use fruits that become frothy during cooking.
I did not have a recipe book with my appliance.
All recipes are available on the brand's website. There is no recipe book included in all offers.
I can't unscrew the nut on the metal lid to clean it.
- Check that the lid opening handle is in the open position.
- Unscrew the nut on the metal lid.
- Wait until the device is cold to unscrew the central nut and remove the lid.
The device does not build up pressure.
- Check with the help of the user manual that all parts of the inner metal cover are present, securely in place and clean and that the metal cover is sufficiently screwed on.
- Make sure that the locking rod is not mounted upside down. The magnetised part of the locking rod must be on the same side as the ball and the locking rod seal on the opposite side of the ball.
- Check that there is sufficient water in the cooking bowl.
Steam is released from the sides of the lid during cooking (leaks).
Clean the seal and edge with a damp cloth. Be careful not to use sharp instruments.
The seal should be changed every 3 years at the most. Take your device to an approved service centre.
Water is flowing behind the device.
Make sure that the condensation collector is properly positioned behind the appliance and that the flow channel is not blocked.
Check that the filling is not excessive and that the food does not expand. Some ingredients (such as cream, milk, wine, etc.) are sensitive and may cause overfilling. Be sure to follow the ratio indicated in the instructions.
An error code is displayed.
If an error screen appears on the product please follow the instructions indicated. If necessary, you can refer to your product's manual for more information.
What do I do if the screen doesn't turn on?
- Check that the device is not in standby mode by pressing the white center dot (under the touch screen).
- Make sure that the power cable is connected to the power supply.
- If the product is powered, unplug the power cord for 10 - 15 seconds and then plug it back in.
If the problem persists, contact our customer service or take your device to an approved service centre.
I only have 250 recipes in this product?
Please check the WiFi icon on your product.
Your product is not connected to the WiFi (via the modem or via a mobile phone). Therefore, you can only access the 250 recipes contained in your product.
We advise you to check that WiFi is activated on your modem/phone and to get closer to your modem/phone.
We remind you that your product cannot connect to a 5GHz WiFi network, a WiFi network with a password containing special characters, as well as open WiFi networks (which do not require a password).
Your product is connected to the WiFi (via modem, mobile phone,...), but not connected to the Moulinex database.
Therefore, you can only access the 250 recipes contained in your product.
Your product is connected to the WiFi (via modem, mobile phone,...) and to the Tefal database. As a result, you can access more than 500 recipes.